I recommend thematic walks to those who want to get to know local history more deeply. These tours are based on a general program, with particular emphasis on selected topics: Jewish, medical, beer etc.
Poznań legends (approx. 2–2.5h)
- Ostrów Tumski: about tree brothers Lech, Czech and Rus who established slavic states, about devil’s stone, about St. Peter’s sword
- Przemysł Hill: how the devil bore the hill, about the ghost of Princess Ludgarda
- Old Market: the famous goats, the trumpet call ‘hejnal’ from the City Hall tower and Saint Martin’s croissants
- Post-Jesuit Church: the Jesuits and cattle hides, the Black Lady of the Parish Church
Poznań Jews (approx. 2h)
- Former New Synagogue
- Former Jewish Quarter
- Church of the Most Sacred Blood of Lord Jesus
- Fontanna Krontala i Pomnik Golema
- possibly: Former Jewish Cemetery (ul. Głogowska)
Poznań beer (approx. 3h)
- Stary Browar – visit to the best commercial centre in the world – the most recognizable commercial centre in Poland
- The Kronthal Fountain and Golema Monument
- Tasting of Wielkopolska beers in one of the Old Town pubs*
* prices do not include tasting prices and is only for adults!
Poznań with a thrill (approx. 2 h)
A walk through the Old Town, during which ghost stories are interspersed with information about how and where the executioner handed down justice, where witches were buried, where dungeons, prisons and even medieval public houses were located.
- * the route is the most interesting after dusk and is intended only for adults!